|First Appearance||Chapter 1|
Akame, also known as Akame of the Demon Sword Murasame, is one of the members of the assassination group, Night Raid. She is the first member to attack Tatsumi, and comes very close to killing him. She initially appears very serious and cold-hearted, but it is eventually revealed that she is just socially awkward, worrying often about the safety and well-being of her friends. Akame is usually in charge of cooking the base's meals and is known surprisingly to be a big eater (usually meat from danger-beasts and fish). She has a younger sister named Kurome, who is a member of the Jaegers, and loyal to the Empire.
Akame is young and beautiful, with long black hair, red eyes, and black clothes. She carries a sword Teigu with her named Murasame.
Akame is girl who doesn't show much emotion. She cares about her comrades very much and she is always worried that one of them may not make it out alive. When Tatsumi fought Captain Orge she stripped him of his clothes to check his body for wounds. Akame loves to eat, much like her sister Kurome they both love snacks and meat.
- events of Akame Ga Kill!:Zero
The story skips ahead at this point, next showing Akame and Tsukushi disguising themselves among a travelling entertainer group. Soon the group are attacked by bandits and the pair help fight off their attackers, defeating all of them. Impressed by Akame and Tsukushi's skill in battle, the Entertainer's group attempt to recruit them both, revealing themselves as Rebels plotting against the Empire. Akame and Tsukushi signal their comrades from the Imperial Assassin Squad to attack the group after this revelation, having confirmed that their targets are indeed rebels. Akame and her comrades eliminate the members of the entertainer's group, their mission is deemed a success and they are both praised by their mentor and leader, Gozuki.
- events of Akame Ga Kill!
At some point, after many of her comrades' deaths, she became dissatisfied and resentful towards the government. It was not until she was sent to kill former General Najenda that Akame finally defected to the Rebels, after being swayed by her words.
Equipment & Skills
Akame wields the weapon Teigu, "One Cut Killer Murasame". It is a long katana that is coated in a cursed poison that kills with even the slightest cut to the skin. She is shown to be very proficient with her weapon, and would have killed Tatsumi, if not for the statue his fellow villagers gave him before embarking on his journey.
She is shown however to not rely alone on her teigu but to be a capable and powerful fighter. She has remarkable speed and reflexes able to dodge and counter-attack with deadly results. She also gives off no killing intent at all when she fights.
- Tatsumi - Akame is initially indifferent to Tatsumi, refusing to share meat with him until he officially joins Night Raid. Though she often hides her emotion, she worries about him while he is away on missions. Tatsumi vows to never put her through the pain of losing him. Later on, Akame has a romantic feelings for Tatsumi
- Leone - Akame and Leone appear to be good friends, but their relationship is sometimes used for comical effect, seen when Leone punches her when she comments on the difference in their weight.
- Najenda - Akame is trusted by boss enough to be left in charge of Night Raid during her absence. Although they aren't shown socializing often, it is known that Najenda herself persuaded Akame to defect from the Empire and join the Revolutionaries, and Night Raid.
- Kurome - Akame's little sister, both she and Kurome are sold to the Empire since she was little. Both of them are trained to be assassins, however her sister are not selected to be the top 7 assassins, presumably due to the bond as siblings. Kurome is Akame's most precious person and the person she wishes to kill the most ever since Kurome decides to stay on Empire when Akame defects to Night Raid.
- Akame is one of the 5 Night Raid members on the Empire's most-wanted list.
- Akame is a word play on Aka me, which means Red Eye in Japanese. So the title of the manga means 'The Red Eyed Killer'. Akame also has red eyes while her sister, Kurome, which means "Black Eye", has black eyes.